The following 15 items are the result of a survey taken by students in the English Summer Camp program regarding their expectations. Knowing what students themselves want is a great help in planning worthwhile and successful activities.
1. I hope the teacher can correct my pronunciation.
2. I hope the teacher will show me the way a foreigner thinks.
3. I hope the teacher can help enhance my interest towards English learning through vivid methods, such as games, songs, short plays, stories, etc.
4. I want to know something about western culture.
5. I hope the teacher will not use complicated words and sentences that prevent me from understanding.
6. I hope the teacher will not speak too fast.
7. I don't want the teacher to encourage "free" discussion a lot. In that situation only students with better capability talk, which will reduces the chances for shy students. If I am a shy student, I want the teascher to give me some "push".
8. I want to learn "real" English with slang and idioms.