The Flora B. Ingram Scholarship
The Scholarship Program was founded in 2011 by the Teach for Friendship Foundation in memory of Flora B. Ingram. Flora was a strong supporter of the non-profit Teach for Friendship Foundation which was founded by her husband. She and Bill spent many happy years going back and forth to China to teach and to be with the many friends they had accumulated over the years. A constant source of thoughtful and intelligent guidance, Flora was loved by teachers and students alike. Back in Tucson, Flora graciously opened her home to many Chinese students studying at the University of Arizona.
For 2014 the Scholarship will honor one or more teachers chosen from applicants named as Exemplary Teachers by the Rodel Foundation.
If you have been named a Rodel Foundation Exemplary Teacher, the Teach for Friendship Foundation invites you to apply for our Flora B. Ingram Scholarship.
Teach English Conversation Classes for 3 weeks in China:
• At one of China’s top universities
• In Wuhan, on the Yangtze River
• Summer, July 2014
The Scholarship provides:
• $2,000 towardChina travel expenses
• Private accommodations
• Training sessions and mentoring
a) A cover letter stating why you want this opportunity
b) Your CV
2) A letter of recommendation from your principal and cooperating teacher and university supervisor (three letters in all) must be presented at an interview to be scheduled after receiving the information listed above.
Application deadline February 24, 2014